Title: Recovery Solutions Officer
Reports to: Recovery Solutions Manager
Salary: Hourly rate DOE
Benefits: PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement
Responsible for the collection of delinquent loan payments and/or overdrawn accounts. Make attempts to contact by Initiating phone calls, texts and emails on these accounts. Maintain accurate collection’s notes for each one as well. Optimize collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interest of the credit union.
- Attempt to contact and collect on DQ loans & OD accounts.
- Set up, post and transfer payments for members in the form of ACH, card payments or other accepted methods
- Follow up on all correspondence from members in a timely manner. Ensure professional interface with members.
- Assist our members in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status and/or bring their loans current
- Notate ALL correspondence with members within our Collections package.
- Use all tools given to locate members.
- Research payroll deductions, stops, starts, and changes as they may affect the status of a loan repayment.
- Determine when loan collateral should be repossessed, and serve as a liaison between agents or agencies in handling repossession of collateral.
- Take further action such as: Filing Small claims packets and sending files out to our 3rd party collections agency on DQ loans at the appropriate time.
- Follow policy and learn how to handle accounts where Bankruptcy has been filed.
- Work with all CU staff in a professional manner while assisting them in dealing with collection members.
- Assist with interoffice duties which includes but is not limited to working returned mail, sorting and delivering credit union mail, answering the door
- Rework loan files for accounts that have forced place insurance
- Post and track payments from all outside resources
- Balance general ledgers associated with the department
- Any additional duties assigned
MAC FCU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Once a member of MAC FCU, always a member of MAC FCU.
When you open an account with us, you're a member for life, as long as the account stays open.
You can move and take us along!