Evidence of Insurance
MACFCU requires that all collateralized loans be covered by insurance. You must provide proof of this coverage to protect the vehicle in the case of loss.
The following information is required:
- Name of insured – this should match the name of the borrower(s) on the loan
- Policy Period – the time period the policy is in effect
- Policy Number
- Coverages – the credit union requires comprehensive and collision coverages with a maximum deductible of $500
- Lienholder – MAC Federal Credit Union must be listed as the lienholder on the policy. The lienholder address on the policy should be: 541 10th Ave. Fairbanks, AK 99701
- Collateral Description – The insured collateral description must match the description of the collateral for the loan
Update your Insurance
You may have received a letter from MACFCU requesting a current copy of your insurance. If you have not already responded or asked your agent to respond to us, you can submit your insurance information online.
How it works
- Visit our secure Insurance Verification web page. www.myinsuranceinfo.com
- Submit your insurance information on the secure website.
- We will verify your insurance information.
- Once verified, the insurance information will be added to your account.
If you currently have a vehicle loan with MAC Federal Credit Union and are about to put the vehicle into storage for whatever reason, please contact us. We require baseline insurance coverage on all vehicles with loans, regardless of status. If we determine that there is no insurance on the vehicle, you will be automatically charged for collateral protection coverage.