Looking for a safe, smart way to invest?
You can reap more financial rewards with this PFD Share Certificate Special.
Call us, or come into a branch to open your Share Certificate today!
MAC FCU is looking to fill some positions on our Supervisory Committee
This is a great volunteer opportunity to build your resume, and actively develop your community.
The Supervisory Committee is appointed by the Board to:
- Act as the “watchdog” of the credit union to protect and safeguard member assets
- Ensure that records are maintained properly, honestly and accurately
- Make sure that policies are established according to the law and carried out faithfully
- Check to see that proper internal controls are in place
Who Can be a Supervisory Committee Member?
- Must be a member of the credit union
- Must be bondable by the credit union’s surety bond company
What are the time requirements?
- 2 to 3 hours a month
- up to a 3-year term
How to apply:
- Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and a brief description why you would like to be on the committee.
Fairbanks, Alaska, August 14, 2018 – MAC FCU is named the Department of the Army’s Distinguished Credit Union of the Year.
MAC Federal Credit Union, in Fairbanks, Alaska was named Department of the Army’s Distinguished Credit Union of the Year for 2017, during the Annual Defense Credit Union Council’s Conference in Williamsburg, Virginia.
“This is quite an honor to be set apart and recognized for all the ways in which we support our Military and their families!” says Sabrina Webb, an Emerging Credit Union Leader and Branch Manager at the Fort Wainwright branch.
COL, AR Sean N. Fisher, Commanding Officer of Fort Wainwright, nominated the branch for the distinguished award. In his nomination package, he made note that the continuous military training and deployments place tremendous stresses on soldiers and their families. With that, MAC employees understand the stresses and are very adept at proactively seeking ways to assist their military members with financial planning and management that is uniquely tailored to each situation. He continues to note that MAC FCU is forward-reaching in finding ways to be involved throughout the local community which inspires a culture of teamwork and professionalism for all involved. MAC FCU consistently demonstrates performance, business practices and volunteerism that makes them one of the best Credit Unions throughout the community to do business with.
Additionally, COL, Fisher recognized MAC FCU for the following 5-Star MACnificent Service in:
- Sponsoring MWR events, Child Youth and School Services (CYSS) activities, and Month of the Military Child. In Coordination with Military Saves and National Youth Savings Week, MAC FCU offered a certificate of deposit special, along with the Military Saves account designed as a teaching tool to help younger soldiers understand the importance of saving and help them develop the habits of being successful savers.
- Going above and beyond to help service members during deployments by offering a Deployment Checking account that gives the soldier higher dividends on deposits while fighting for our country.
- Extending personal relationship to the deployed through different social media outlets, allowing peace of mind that their finances are being taken care of.
- Extra attention during possible government shutdowns, to include – at a minimum -refunding of fees, payment deferments, and low non-interest short-term loans.
- Sponsoring community events that bring the military and the community together like the annual Stand Down Day for Veterans. Working with the YMCA to fill 100 boxes for Frosty Warrior, by bringing a little bit of the Alaska Christmas to deployed soldiers. Sponsoring the Military Appreciation Banquet that honors military personnel who exemplify excellence, leadership, and commitment. As well as Operation Standing Together, an event aimed at providing business leaders, local elected officials, and military leadership the opportunity to engage with each other in a casual setting to partner with each other for the best possible outcomes for our military installations and community.
In receiving the distinguished award CEO Angela Head said, “It is truly an honor to accept this award on behalf of the entire MAC Family! While MAC is open to membership within the entire Fairbanks Borough, we are extremely proud of our 65-year history serving the military. We continue to focus on the importance of financial readiness and helping to build financial wellness leading to financial success within our military families.”
To learn more about MAC’s products and services, or for more information about the credit union, please visit www.macfcu.org or like us on Facebook and Instagram @macfcu.
MAC is a member-owned, not-for-profit, full-service financial cooperative serving everyone in the Fairbanks North Star Borough in Interior Alaska. Founded in 1952 with strong roots serving our military community, MAC strives to provide competitive products and services to everyone, no matter their financial situation.
High rates with options?
Whether you are a seasoned investor or learning new ways to save your money, MAC FCU has the high rates and flexible terms you are looking for.
Be sure to check out our website to see what options will work best for you.